Since March, 2009 I wrote quite a few posts on how to buy, use, register the Kindle 2, and Kindle DX. I reckon it’s better to consolidate a complete list such that you can find the details more easily.
So, Here you go:
- Buy Kindle 2 from outside US
- Using Kindle outside US
- Buy Kindle books from outside US
- Kindle for iPhone from outside US
- Registering Kindle 2 from outside US
- Kindle 2 vs. Kindle DX
- Update Kindle software outside US
- Reading PDF documents in Kindle 2
- Upgrade Kindle for iPhone 1.1
- Review of Kindle 2 and Kindle for iPhone
- Newspaper and Magazines for Kindle outside US
- Kindle Accessories
- Kindle 2 US vs. Kindle 2 International version
- US books for Kindle 2 International version
- Buying US Kindle books, without hiding IP address
- Kindle for PC
- Kindle 2 firmware upgrade to read PDF files
- Kindle for iPhone International version and how WhisperSync works
- Connect Kindle 2 to 3G Network
- Running Gmail with your Kindle 2
- Kindle for BlackBerry (beta) is now available
- Kindle for Mac, now available
- Kindle Apps for Tablet Computers (including iPad)
- Kindle Software Update Version 2.5
- Manually upgrade Kindle 2 International to 2.5 (2.5.2)
- Kindle platform now includes Android and adds audio, video
- All new Kindle – smaller, lighter and faster
- Why Kindle ?
- Which Kindle to buy ?
- The best ebook reader
- Kindle for the web
- Kindle 3 – The bestselling product of all time on Amazon
- Real page number for Kindle (latest generation) … only ?
- iPad vs. Kindle Part 2
- Kindle 3, iPad 2, I want 1
- Close encounters of the third kind
- Why is it not US$ 99 ?
- Kindle for iPad survival guide
- My Kindle-iPad experiment
- Kindle Cloud Reader review
- All new Kindles – Kindle 4th generation, Touch, Touch 3G and Fire
- From Kindle 2 to Kindle Touch (Kindle 4)
- Kindle Price Disparity
Update 1 : Some press coverage of this blog in one popular magazine …
“。。。月前訂購 Kindle DX，本來只因為它的 native PDF 閱讀功能，然而在本欄寫過 Kindle DX 後，有一熱心讀者 Michael 來電郵（應像在國內般，稱他做「老師」）說，在美國以外，其實都可以上 Amazon 購買電子書的！我走上他的網頁（www.michaelyung.com），跟住照做，一試即靈，即時訂了幾本，在他網頁上又看到他讀 Guy Kawasaki 的新書《Reality Check》，Guy 的作品，我在早年讀過，以為他已經封筆，看了他的新作，又馬上訂了，現在帶著隨身捧讀。
多謝 Michael 的分享，在 Amazon 購書的確是一個奇妙的經驗。。。”
Simon Chung – “Home–Tech：如家．隨身”
Update 2 : For those friends / visitors who have sent me questions, emails and tips from Brazil, Dominican Republic, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, Afghanistan, France, Taiwan, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Norway, Australia, Philippines, Grand Cayman, Lebanon and Japan … I thank you !!
Update 3 : The Kindle 2 / 3 is now available for overseas market as well. So please read the blog posts if your country is not covered by the latest scheme, or you want to know more about other Kindle information.