One of the most impressive shopping and entertainment mega events in the world, Dubai Shopping Festival was staged for the very first time on February, 1996.
This year, their eighth year, the event starts on 15th January. For details, visit their official website.
Many times, friends of mine (whether they are in the Internet industry or not) asked me one same old question – “how to develop one web site ?”. In most cases, I ask them to check out the following web site … on how to develop a site in simple 25 steps.
And most of the time, they followed with a question “how long will it take to complete a GOOD web site ?” My answer was ask them to refer to the last step in the above web site – Eternity.
Keep up with the good works … the best is yet to come.
This day trip is about touring the interesting places around Tower of London. You will first spend the morning along River Thames and then the afternoon in Tower of London …
- Have a good English breakfast in your hotel. You won’t find the authentic English bacon and sausages elsewhere.
- Go to the nearby subway station (Tube), and probably get a day pass or 7-days pass, then travel to Temple station on Circle / District lines.
- Leave the station and walk towards the River Thames.
- Have your camera ready, and enjoy the walk along the riverside, towards the Millennium Bridge.
- Take a few photos in the Millennium Bridge, but don’t across the river yet. Instead, walk back to the St. Paul’s Cathedral. If you have some time, visit the various Galleries and the Dome.
- Now, walk along the Cannon Street, until the interchange of King William Street. Then turn right and find the Monument in your left hand side. It is over 200 feet high and, if you have time, go up to the platform – good photo spot. Also don’t forget to take a few photos from London Bridge.
- Again, don’t cross the bridge but walk along the riverside and you will reach Tower of London soon.
- You may want to have a break here, and enjoy a fish and chips lunch from the kiosks around the Tower of London. .
- Don’t forget to buy the official guide.
- You will probably spend two or three hours there. Make sure you visit the Crown Jewels, and White Tower. In addition, you can join the Beefeater guide tour that will lead you to the Chapel Royal as well. Perfect photo point for the Tower Bridge is outside the Traitors’ Gate.
- It is now probably around 5 pm have a short break, then leave the Tower of London and take the Tube to another station – MarbleArch.
- Do some light shopping there (Oxford Street), and have a great dinner.
- Back to your hotel, relax, and plan for your next daytrip.
How’s that ? Your comments, suggestions and corrections please.
After researching lots of e-Gallery modules and finally, settled on the Gallery 1.3.3 and the Random Gallery block. Simply superb. And to start, I have put in photos from London, Maldives and Boracay.
Enjoy … >>> click here <<<
Eight years ago this month, I bought a magazine in a computer store and it’s the first issue of that magazine. Since I was / am a collector of Premiere issues of magazines, I bought it without skipping a heart beat. Themagazine is called “NET”, the magazine talked about how to buy a 14.4 Kbps modem for US$ 200, about how to connect to a thing called “Internet”, aboutinstalling a new kind of software called “Browser”.
I learnt something new from that magazine, and dumped my Compuserve account (the de facto standard about bulletin board eight years ago) almost immediately and got an Internet account. One year later, I developed my first homepage … well, the rest is history.
Indeed, another reason I write this newsletter earlier because today is the Thanksgiving Day. Just in case you don’t know, the Thanksgiving Day has almost 380 years’ history (http://www.calendar-updates.com/Holidays/US/thanksgiving.htm).
Saw a big sign posted just above the entrance of Tunnel :
No one can recall what you said, just the impression you left behind.
Very true indeed, as you will not have second chance to leave a good first impression – so, try your best in everything you do.