This day trip is about touring the interesting places around Tower of London. You will first spend the morning along River Thames and then the afternoon in Tower of London …
- Have a good English breakfast in your hotel. You won’t find the authentic English bacon and sausages elsewhere.
- Go to the nearby subway station (Tube), and probably get a day pass or 7-days pass, then travel to Temple station on Circle / District lines.
- Leave the station and walk towards the River Thames.
- Have your camera ready, and enjoy the walk along the riverside, towards the Millennium Bridge.
- Take a few photos in the Millennium Bridge, but don’t across the river yet. Instead, walk back to the St. Paul’s Cathedral. If you have some time, visit the various Galleries and the Dome.
- Now, walk along the Cannon Street, until the interchange of King William Street. Then turn right and find the Monument in your left hand side. It is over 200 feet high and, if you have time, go up to the platform – good photo spot. Also don’t forget to take a few photos from London Bridge.
- Again, don’t cross the bridge but walk along the riverside and you will reach Tower of London soon.
- You may want to have a break here, and enjoy a fish and chips lunch from the kiosks around the Tower of London. .
- Don’t forget to buy the official guide.
- You will probably spend two or three hours there. Make sure you visit the Crown Jewels, and White Tower. In addition, you can join the Beefeater guide tour that will lead you to the Chapel Royal as well. Perfect photo point for the Tower Bridge is outside the Traitors’ Gate.
- It is now probably around 5 pm have a short break, then leave the Tower of London and take the Tube to another station – MarbleArch.
- Do some light shopping there (Oxford Street), and have a great dinner.
- Back to your hotel, relax, and plan for your next daytrip.
How’s that ? Your comments, suggestions and corrections please.