If you own a dessert stand, you’re not selling ice cream. You’re selling a first date.
If you own a luxury car dealership, you’re not selling a Ferrari. You’re selling status.
If you own an outdoors shop, you’re not selling fishing rods. You’re selling lasting family memories.
If you own a , you’re not selling . You’re selling _.
It is the first week of the year … and what are you thinking ?
Something you want to achieve today ? In 1 year ? Or in 5 years ?
Invest your time wisely, instead of wasting it.
(James Clear is the author of Atomic Habits, https://amzn.to/31xDuZe)
My goal for 2022 is to accomplish the goals of 2021, which I should have done in 2020 because I made a promise in 2019 and planned in 2018.
Still, I’m optimistic because …
Second year of COVID-19 but another year of good Kindle readings. 15 books I read this year with the device and here are those one-line comments.
For me, the best read this year goes to book #10.
- Life 3.0 : Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence – Before AI, let’s have some hard thinking.
- Block Kong : 21 Entrepreneurs and Financiers Leading Blockchain in Hong Kong – 21 interesting interviews of Hong Kong’s Blockchain pioneers.
- The Right it : Why So Many Ideas Fail and How to Make Sure Yours Succeed – Techniques to validate your bright ideas.
- AI 2041 : Ten Visions for Our Future – 10 amazing AI Scientific (not Science) Fictions with great explanations.
- The Innovation Stack : Building an Unbeatable Business One Crazy Idea at a Time – Basically it’s about vertical integration, with Square as the example.
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant : A Guide to Wealth and Happiness – Self-learning book for IT professionals … be happy.
- Indistractable : How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life – A great follow up to the previous book “Hooked”.
- The Unicorn Project – Stories about Development environment, Data Warehouse, QA, Operations, Security, Functional Programming, Digital Marketing.
- The Data Detective : Ten Easy Rules to Make Sense of Statistics – Be curious, to your data.
- Leonardo Da Vinci – The real Da Vinci Code, decoded by Walter Isaacson
- Think Again : The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know – Individual Rethinking, Interpersonal Rethinking, Collective Rethinking.
- Think Like a Rocket Scientist : Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life – Nothing succeeds like failure.
- Experimentation Works : The Surprising Power of Business Experiments – What business experiments really are.
- Invent & Wander : The Collected Writings of Jeff Bezos, With an Introduction by Walter Isaacson – Day 1 mindset, Long term mindset, and Customer obsessed.
- How to DeFi : Beginner – DeFi guide for dummies, but you are not dummy.
I am not a big fan of MVP, but a fan of MLP / MSP (Minimum Lovable / Sellable Product).
I am not a big fan of maximizing profit, but a fan of minimizing the cost of failure.
I am not a big fan of “Fail fast, fail early, fail often”, but a fan of “Learn fast, learn early, learn often”.
Gain your experiences by building MLP, minimize cost of failure and learn fast.