Once in a while, I receive emails about some special hotel deals and today I received one about some new hotels in Koh Samui, Thailand. “Great !!” I thought, I need more sunshine and rests … so let’s see what’s included in those new hotel packages …
Oh … Compulsory Breakfast … I better prepare for it …
I am helping one organization in town to organize an event to celebrate their 25th Anniversary. In other words, back in 1982 a group of bright minds founded the organization. So I asked myself … what other big events happened in 1982? A couple of searches from Google and Wikipedia … and I found …
- The San Francisco 49ers defeat the Cincinnati Bengals 26-21 in Super Bowl XVI. Joe Montana Go Go Go !!!
- Syzygy: all 9 planets align on the same side of the Sun.
- The 1982 FIFA World Cup is opened in Spain.
- The Falklands War ends.
- Coca Cola introduces Diet Coca Cola
- Italy beats West Germany 3-1 to win the 1982 FIFA World Cup in Spain. Rossi rules !!
- Commodore 64 released !! My first Personal Computer !!
- The first Compact Discs (cd’s) are released to the public in Germany.
- Thriller album by Michael Jackson is released, becoming the biggest selling album of all time in entertainment history.
- Time Magazine’s Man of the Year is given for the first time to a non-human, the computer.
I talked about Bocelli in my previous post … I think I first knew him was years ago when I switched to a German TV channel (well you know, it doesn’t mean I am fluent in German …) and it was an interview about a blind singer … oh what a singer … probably because he is blind, he put so much emotion and effort in every song he sings.
Elvis has just left us for 30 years … so here you go, an Elvis’ song by Andrea Bocelli. You will just love it, in fact, “can’t help falling in love” with this cover-version.
It’s unbelievable that the winner of “Britain’s Got Talent” Paul Potts is in town this week. What even more unbelievable is his CD signing event is to be held in a shopping mall just next to my apartment. And the most unbelievable thing is I don’t need to work today …
Unfortunately, I don’t need to work is because I am still sick and has to rest at home … hmmm … what a shame ?!! OK, may be let me just play his CD to enjoy …
On the other hand, as the winner of the BGT doesn’t mean he is the best singer in classic pop, yet … I am still a big fan of Andrea Bocelli.
I am a fan of Mr. Bean, no doubt, but I think all Mr. Bean’s fans are kinda tired of Mr. Bean’s performance in his latest movie “Mr. Bean’s Holiday”. But then, how the Internet link Mr. Bean to “Finding Nemo” ?
Even though the movie is so so, but the soundtrack is not too bad. For example the last song in the movie is the famous French song back in 1950’s – “La Mer” (The Sea) from Charles Trenet.
The search continues …
Even though La Mer is a French song, its English version is very famous in U.S.A. back in 1960’s – “Beyond The Sea” by Bobby Darin …
And this song of course … is one of the beautiful songs in the movie “Finding Nemo” … and this time by Robbie Williams. Enjoy !!