Many of you may need to upgrade your Lifetype time to time, therefore I think it may be useful if there is a simple guideline (from a user point of view) to go thru those steps … on top of the detailed wiki article in Lifetype (don’t forget to read it, it is a must). Here is the guideline:
- First, backup your data using MySQL export tool, e.g. phpMyAdmin. Save this export dump to your local PC.
- The files / directories under /gallery/ – these are your resources files
- Any files / directories of your current template under /templates/
- The files / directories of the plugins your installed under /plugins/
- The .htaccess file – that may include some Apache changes
- The config.properties.php in /config/ – that is your current Lifetype settings
- The files you changed in /locale/, in case you have set up your own language files or changed any text strings.
- Then, rename your current Lifetype directory to something else – e.g. lifetype_old, blog_old etc. You can remove this directory later if your upgrade is successful.
- Third, download the latest version of Lifetype, upload to your server.
- Fourth, unzip the new Lifetype, and rename the new Lifetype to your original directory name – e.g. lifetype, blog etc. And also rename the config.properties.php as something like “config.properties.php.original”.
- Lastly, run the wizard.php … and the rest is done by the script.
- That’s it !!
Hope it helps.