LifeType just released the version 1.2 couple of days ago, and here are some details of the upgrade process from an user’s point of view.
- As mentioned in my previous post on upgrading LifeType, one must check out the official upgrade procedure first.
- Then follow the steps in my post, you basically can complete the upgrade without any problems. Kudos to the LifeType team !!
- However, this new version requires V1.2 compatible templates and plugins. It’s therefore suggested to download version 1.2 plugins / templates you installed before and install again.
Now for the extra tips … there are many things improved in this new version, and requires some works after the upgrade:
- This new version split the locale files to two tiers – one for general texts and one for administration texts (in locale/admin/ directory). Therefore, if you have set up your own locale, make sure you modify it to handle this.
- Permission system is also introduced in this version. If your blog allows other users to edit the posts other than the blog owner, make sure you turned on User can administrate other blogs (admin mode) option in the user’s permission setting.
- If you want to move your existing template to V1.2, please read this wiki article to see anything you wanna change first.
Have fun !!