WordPress released the latest version 2.5 for two weeks now. So I decided to give it try, after skipping 1 or 2 upgrades in the past few months. The upgrade process was simple as usual.
- Deactivate all the plugins
- Backup the database
- Download the latest codebase, unzip and transfer to the server
- Run the upgrade.php
- Activate back the plugins
There are something I like / dislike / puzzle about this version:
- The plugin upgrade is now almost painless, very useful
- Not all plugins can work with this version, however
- The new administrator dashboard is fresh-looking, but need sometime to get used to. For example, I don’t like the categories section in New Post screen is now underneath the text box, but not on the right hand side
- Somehow, two files were mixed up – plugins.php and post-new.php. Click the plugins function links to the New Post page and vise versa (!). I have to re-download the files, not sure what went wrong
- The new engine is super slow !!