The 2.5 software update for Kindle, Kindle 3 and Kindle DX is coming soon. Amazon is rolling out the new software update to first a limited group of Kindle users and plan a broad release in late May 2010. I shall update you all the goodies of this update once I got my Kindle upgraded.
Here’s a list of the coming enhancements:
- Collections: Organize your books and documents into one or more collections.
- PDF Pan and Zoom: Zoom into PDFs and pan around to easily view small print and detailed tables or graphics.
- Password Protection: Password protect your Kindle when you’re not using it.
- More Fonts & Improved Clarity: Enjoy two new larger font sizes and sharper fonts for an even more comfortable reading experience.
- Facebook & Twitter Posts: Share book passages with friends on Facebook and Twitter directly from your Kindle.
- Popular Highlights: See what the Kindle community thinks are the most interesting passages in the books you’re reading.
I can imagine I will use the second enhancement a lot …
Update 1: (2010-06-12) You can now upgrade the Kindle firmware to 2.5.2 manually, don’t miss it.