I am not an athletic person, especially after the heart surgery 3 years ago. So the most I can do are some casual weight lifting, power walks or slow jogging. I go to gym once a week (I know, it’s not enough), and now I can jog nonstop for about 2K and I always wanted to improve this. I thought, maybe one day I could join the yearly 10K run in town, with many of my friends.
So, I started to look for some good training plans, even not in a very active mode, to see how I can achieve this. And finally I found one very good training plan last weekend, all because of the Kindle and the social network … so, here is the story … Couple of days ago I blogged about the way to upgrade the Kindle 2 International to firmware version 2.5.2.:
- I first upgraded my Kindle (get your Kindle 3 here), and then I blogged about it;
- A tweet about this story was then sent thru Tweetdeck, with a shortened URL via bit.ly;
- I monitored the tweet thru the search function in Tweetdeck and also the information provided by bit.ly, and found some retweets;
- I then surfed the re-tweeters’ profile, found their blogs and tried to see anything I could learn from these new friends;
- One of the tweeters from Hangzhou, China posted in his blog on how he enjoyed the training programme of C25K.com;
- My next stop of course was the site C25K.com, studied the training programme in detail. And in the next hour, I found the podcasts of the programme from one of the fans, and downloaded to my iPhone.
- Yesterday morning, I completed the first lesson of the week 1 C25K training program and really really enjoyed it !!
Can you see how the two unrelated things linked together by the social network ?! Amazing … and you know what, don’t stop by just posting things in your blog, Twitter or Facebook. But try to follow the “life” of your blog post, your tweets or your status updates to see where it will lead to, many times it will surprise you !!