No, it is not about the movie An Inconvenient Truth (lower your PC speaker volume before you click the link), but it is a book that talks about Change Management.
It is a very thin book that you can probably finish it in a morning, yet with a very good story / fable (how a coloney of penguins find a new home because their hometown’s iceberg is melting). And yes, the whole idea of the story is about how to manage change in a very solid 8 steps:
- Create a sense of urgency to deal with a difficult problem
- Put a carefully selected group in charge of guiding the change
- Find the sensible vision of a better future
- Communicate that vision so others will understand and accept it
- Remove as many obstacles to action as is pactical
- Create some sort of success quickly
- Never let up until the new way of life is firmly established
- Ensure that the changes will not be overcome by stubborn, hard-to-die traditions
A very good read and highly recommended !!