There is one very interesting discussion in LinkedIn CIO Forum about “If you had one sentence to describe what you did as CIO – what would it be?”
As usual, there are some politically correct answers:
- “The organization’s technology evangelist and leader who championed the business goals and objectives.”
- “CIO is business leader who relentlessly delivers technology in support of business objectives, all while continuously seeking to drive overall costs down”
- “Improve an organization’s IT Alignment, Architecture, Agility and Ability to enhance the organization’s bottom line. “
There are also some practical answers, such as:
- “High tech solutions, bottom line results.”
- “Ascertain organization’s footprint from a bottom-line standpoint. Streamline operations with intent to cut cost and focus on reliability. Deliver practical technologies in support of the organization’s goals.”
And there are some answers I like a lot:
- “Provide what they need before they know they need it.”
- “Take information technology where no information technology has gone before.”
- “On time, on spec, on budget, no bloodshed.”
- “Deliver technology solutions so advanced that they are indistinguishable from magic.”
What’s your take ?
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!